1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

Official Release X7mini Kitkat 230 ( 23 march 2015 )

Discussion in 'NEO X7 mini Official Firmware Releases' started by HardwareGuru, Mar 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Massi1965

Massi1965 New Member

dror
    You can use any USB cable with two type A connectors.
  2. Galmok

Galmok New Member

Can we still expect this update this week?

Also, is there a way to change the memory frequency? If this release has the malipatch, then the memory frequency is raised to 720 MHz and I would like to lower it back to normal (whatever that is, cannot see it anywhere).
  3. HardwareGuru

HardwareGuru Developer Administrator

4. HardwareGuru

This firmware had no Overclock on any hardware. ( same as stock Jellybean )
  5. Dave500

Dave500 New Member

I can't get the lock screen to work.
  6. HardwareGuru

There is no lockscreen installed.
  7. I get a sounddrop for about 20 seconds every 20 minutes or so ? Something changed with the sound system ?
  8. predatorkill

predatorkill New Member

there are soundrops (1-2secs) in my setup also, using spdif optical cable. In kodi 14 i get soundrops every 5 seconds. In SPMC i get sometimes every 10-15 minutes and sometimes every 2-3 minutes in 720p movie with DTS. If i try 1080p movie with DTS then the soundrops are even worse. All cpu cores during playback are below 40-50% and the free mem is around 1200mb in idle state.

When using kodi i believe the a/v receiver is confusing the DTS signal with DD 5.1 because in my a/v screen i see the DTS light turning on and off every 5 seconds. In SPMC (based on kodi 14) the receiver detects the signal as DTS fine, but i still got soundrops. I guess there is a bug in kodi though, not the firmware entirely.

Also, in kodi 14 i have choppy framerate in both 720p and 1080p videos, with SPMC the framerate is smooth. I use in both (kodi/spmc) hardware acceleration setting/method LibStageFright ONLY.
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
  9. I also exprerience the issue with SPMC i will give the Minis version a longer test to see if it happens with that one. I just like SPMC and the resolution switcher is also working than.
  10. Galmok

Galmok New Member

I installed the HDMI flicker patch and the flickering has stopped. But I experience something weird that I did not experience before. When I enable usb to pc, I immediately I lose my flymouse. When I disable usb to pc, the flymouse works again, not reboot necessary. I used the flymouse to enable the option and the Android remote control app to disable the option. Is there a connection between the HDMI patch and the usb option?
  11. Galmok

Galmok New Member

Also, will the root update erase data? (Nobody knows this?)
  12. Adisopot

Adisopot New Member

Root update will not erase any data.
    Galmok likes this.
  13. Eric

Eric New Member

Hi, i have a problem with the flickering patch.
    I have flashed with 230, but now when i put an USB Key with the patch renamed update.zip, the patch is not automatically instaled.

I have done something wrong ???
  14. Galmok

Galmok New Member

I put the update.zip file in the root of storage folder and then I rebooted. It was detected when the system came up again. I don't know if it will/should work when placed on an USB stick.
  15. Eric

Eric New Member

It works
    Thanks
  16. HardwareGuru

We will have a look at it , thanks for reporting
  17. chiwakum

chiwakum New Member

Installed 2.3.0 on my X7 mini. Looks great so far. But I'd like to know if anyone else is experiencing problems with google play music. In all ROMs I've tried (previous stock and most of the unofficial 4.2.x and 4.4.x and the latest CE V2.3.0) GPM is flaky. The issue I'm currently having is that GPM stops at every song transition and pops up an error dialog saying it can't play the stream. After closing the error pop up I can hit play and everything is groovy until the next track. I don't think this problem is caused by the ROM but might be a bug in GPM related to not recognizing the X7 mini as a legitimate hardware device. Factory resets don't resolve the issue. Thoughts anyone?

I also confirmed that if I go into GPM settings on any device that the X7 mini shows up as one of my 10 allowed playback devices.

Oh and thanks for all of the great work! I've been lurking this forum and Freaktab for a long time and it's been really cool to see how things have come together between the dev community and minix. This is all too rare...
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  18. HardwareGuru

19. Argyrios

Argyrios Member

Hi, thanks for your great work with this ROM. Is there in your plans to support google remote? I did not find any options for that. Of course if I have missed it by mistake, please kindly point me to its settings.
  20. Wally5496

Wally5496 New Member

Hi the dev team is this ""X7 Mini Kitkat v2.2.0 Community Edition" apply to the "Neo" X7 MINI BOX
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.