1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

Official Release X7mini Kitkat 230 ( 23 march 2015 )

Discussion in 'NEO X7 mini Official Firmware Releases' started by HardwareGuru, Mar 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLELAN

GLELAN Member

Hello, maybe strange question but, actually my minix X7 mini is runing with the last firmware (not kitkat) and Kodi 14.2 very well. My question is what are the new features of this Kitkat firmware and how to upgrade without loosing all my data (games etc..)
    Thanks to all.
  2. MaxeL

MaxeL Active Member

@up: it's not possible. By manually updating you lose everything.
  3. HardwareGuru

HardwareGuru Developer Administrator

why update if everything runs very well?
    ... just saying
  4. Hyrion

Hyrion New Member

i need OTA update (i have 011 official release) and not a file than need RKFlashTool because with this method it's impossibile because of an error in thetoolduring the procedure
  5. HardwareGuru

You can not update through OTA from jellybean to Kitkat.. it is technicaly imposible.
  6. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

7. pouzy

pouzy New Member

Hi guys,

I've been pulling my hair all day trying to modify the gunfone root update.zip to install some of my apps and uninstall XBMC, and I keep getting "not a valid update package'. The message doesn't have caps or anything, so I'm wondering if it's stock android or something in this ROM. Is there a specific cert to use to sign the update.zip or something ?

I'm very simply trying to root the device and at the same time clean a bit my apps. The rooting works perfectly with the original update.zip but I can't add anything in it. I've tried on mac and PC, with SignApk or through mucommander changing the zip on the fly... I'm starting to bang my head on the wall.

Thanks !
  8. HardwareGuru

You can not sign the zip without proper certificate wich we will not release.
  9. dippy-bird

dippy-bird New Member

Hello Community,

the update is now out for several weeks - is it worth an update or better stay with the old firmware if I have no problems?
    What is your expirience?

Thank you very much!
  10. Galmok

Galmok New Member

It is unstable for me. Makes random reboots and is therefore unusable for some of my purpose.

If you don't experience these reboots, the release is quite decent.

I don't know why this release causes reboots for me. I have tried many things to isolate the issue but without luck.

The latest official release made by Minix is stable, though, so something in this release is acting up.

Could be a hardware fault, but how can I know?
  11. pouzy

pouzy New Member

HardwareGuru, is there any way to get to sign one update.zip (send you the content somewhere)?

I'm going to put this rom on a dozen boxes for an art exhibit and removing stock apps/installing my app on all of them is a serious pain hehe. The ROM is awesome for everything else though.

Thanks
  12. HardwareGuru

Just use adb and a batch script to easely install everything you need. I dont have time to sign zipfiles.. Sorry.
  13. HardwareGuru

We need a test crew for a quick test of the new 2.4.0 firmware.
    Please let us know if you want to test the new firmware before release.
    ( only active members can apply)
    Test release: april 28/29
    Official release: 30 april/1 may

Short Changelog;
    - Camera fixes
    - New mouse pointer ( bigger )
    - USB fix ( X5 series)
    - Youtube fix ( working in any HLS configuration )
    - New sensor/giro driver
    - Updated apps
    - Settings changes.
    - and things you will never notice :D
    Dave500 and HellBoy like this.
  14. Obi-Wahn

Obi-Wahn Member Beta Tester

15. Dave500

Dave500 New Member

I would like to test it.
  16. MadEyeMose

MadEyeMose New Member

Power light does not even come on after flash.

Is there any way to recover?

13:49:19 356 Rockchip Batch Tool v1.7.1.1 start run
    13:51:00 027 **********Restore Start Total<1>**********
    13:51:00 044 <Layer 5-4> Test Device Start
    13:51:00 059 <Layer 5-4> Test Device Success
    13:51:00 078 <Layer 5-4> Lowerformat Device Start
    13:51:08 105 Error:RKU_Open-->CreateFile failed,err=2,path=\\?\USB#VID_2207&PID_310B#5&14A3A4F5&0&4#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed}
    13:51:08 143 <LAYER 5-4> ERROR:LowerFormatDevice-->RKU_TestDeviceReady failed,subCode(0x0),RetCode(-1)
    13:51:08 191 <Layer 5-4> Lowerformat Device Fail
    13:51:08 204 **********Restore Done Success<0> Fail<1> Time<8172>ms**********
  17. Galmok

Galmok New Member

No HDMI flicker fix in 2.4.0?
  18. habib

habib New Member

I would like to test it.
  19. Dave500

Dave500 New Member

new 2.4.0 firmware?
  20. metal

metal New Member

Hope 2.4.0 new firmware add soft power on/off option