1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

Official Release X7mini Kitkat 240 ( june 4th 2015 )

Discussion in 'NEO X7 mini Official Firmware Releases' started by HardwareGuru, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Obi-Wahn

Obi-Wahn Member Beta Tester

No, they are different ROMs. You have to flash the full image x7mini-rk3188-240.rar. The download link is in the first post of this thread.
  2. Jason Green

Jason Green New Member

Hi,
    I have started using this rom and it looks great.. I do need however the capability to root and use SuperSU as the su app.. I have found other root update.zip files but none that use the SuperSU app or that work with this app..
    Can someone please assist..

BTW I have seen the other root access link.. It does not user SuperSU.. I need SuperSU for MDM..

[ROOT][How To] Root, Unroot, System mods (no CWM / no PC needed) Does NOT use SUPERSU
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  3. gufone

gufone Big Owl - Developer Super Moderator

Just use my files from the thread you mention (or from the 240 thread first page). This will install superuser and not supersu (as I don't like it). Just install supersu from the playstore and remove the superuser from that app.
  4. Ram2000

Ram2000 New Member

Just finished updating my 3 machines all went well love the work you've put into this guys just wanted to say thanks and thumbs up :)
  5. Rodrigo Martinez

Rodrigo Martinez New Member

Updated, just spdif dropout problems, regards,

Edit: spdif problems just with kodi, everything ok with minix xbmc.
    I think someone asked about atresplayer, it works ok to me, as well as yomvi app,

Thanks.
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
  6. Ben Abadi

Ben Abadi New Member

hello, i have minix mini neo x 7. does this kit kat uplate covers my device as well?
    i downloded the file and rename it to update.zip, but installation fails as incompatible file. i would appreciate your help in updating my device, as i am experiencing lower resolution with my netflix and hbo go running.
    thanks,
    ben
  7. HardwareGuru

HardwareGuru Developer Administrator

Read post #1 before asking questions.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ZP980+ met Tapatalk
  8. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

Like @HardwareGuru said, "Read post#1" properly!

Here's a head start...
    Download link (to be used for a Fresh install or pre CE210 versions)
    http://www.minixforum.com/downloads/download.php?file=x7mini-rk3188-240.rar
    (drivers and Flashtool included)
    MD5 Checksums:
    x7mini-rk3188-240.rar - 7e713795b05912fc37935c7e5ad43d94

How to...
    HardwareGuru likes this.
  9. Ben Abadi

Ben Abadi New Member

thank you for your reply, villa. so the only way to update my 4.2 android to 4.4 is to do a fresh install? when do you think the offical release for ota will be for neo x7???
  10. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Its impossible technically to do an OTA update from 4.2 to 4.4. The only option is to flash as above. You will then have OTA updates for any further 4.4 firmware releases.
    KAR likes this.
  11. Mtfcanada

Mtfcanada New Member

i am a noob to this firmware game i am trying to update the 4.4.2 to get it rooted, i believe i did everything and it is runnung smooth but its not rooted, everytime i try to root i am not clear on how to make sure it is rooted. Here is a screen shot of my about screen. any help would be appreciated. the screen shot tool is fubar. sorry about that.
    [​IMG]

i also am having difficulty i am running 4.2.2 latest release from minix but its the non rooted version, any ideas on how i can root it?
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2015
  12. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

read post 1
  13. LeeT

LeeT New Member

Upgraded mine last night, much smoother than the previous one. Love your work :)
    Any news on Lollipop for MinixNeo7Mini yet?
    Phoenix409 and KAR like this.
  14. Phoenix409

Phoenix409 New Member

awesome update!!! my device started to get "laggy", after the update it runs so smoothly!
    also, the UI is much nicer ^_^
    KAR likes this.
  15. Charles X

Charles X New Member

Forcing users to find an old OS just to upgrade a device that is still on the market is bad marketing.
  16. KAR

KAR Developer Super Moderator

please explain...

kar
  17. Charles X

Charles X New Member

When a product is still selling and in production, the updates and support for this product should also include the latest operating systems. I purchased the minix neo mini 7 less than 1 month ago. With big surprise I found out that in order to upgrade the device firmware I must own an operating system 3 generations old if you include windows 10. I have a system with windows 10 and 1 with 8.1 64bit. After a long of searching and reading I discovered there are no USB drivers that work with my os

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
  18. KAR

hmm I have windows 10 running and all Devices even the minix G4 can be discovered..

KAR
  19. Charles X

Charles X New Member

I am refering USB drivers required for full firmware upgrade.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
  20. KAR

yes i know..

I believe I have used: Rockchip driver Assistant (all versions)

KAR

Attached Files: