1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

BUG!! X8-H is dead?

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H, X8 Plus & X8' started by geggo, Aug 31, 2017.

1. geggo

geggo New Member

Hi all, I ask you help for my X8-H. Last week, without any problem with power, I found my X8-H power off. I pushed power button and blu led turned on for 2 seconds and stop. Black screen. I tried take off cable, change HDMI cable but nothing.
    So I connect Minix to my PC and I tried to flash FW with USB Burning tool but it stoped at 4% with problem of partition table. I tried connecting to USB 2.0, changed some USB cable but same result. Tried different ROM and different version of USB Burning.
    Now if I push power button led light turn on and doesn't turn off again, it remain on.
    I tried to connect Minix to another PC but it made same problems, though with different error, but always at 3-4%

Before trash the Minix I would know if there are some other option to try.

Thank you.
  2. 53peterp

53peterp New Member

I had a similar problem with my X8 H Plus using the usb cable to install the firmware. I would push the otg connector into the port but it would not stay in firmly. I found out from one of the other threads (that I can't seem to find now) that the cable that came with the Minix box that I wasn't using at that time had more of the otg connector showing and so went in further into the port. The thread also suggested trimming off some plastic with an nt cutter from the otg end of the cable. I trimmed off around 1 mm and it went into the minix box fine. I had no further problems downloading the firmware.
  3. geggo

geggo New Member

Yes maybe you rught but I already try with some cable and PC. To be sure I'll try with OTG cable of new U9-H but I don't have much hopes...