1. Official MINIX forum

X8-H PLUS 006 BETA2 firmware (June 2015)

Discussion in 'Beta Firmwares' started by MINIX - Ken, May 21, 2015.

1. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

We have DMB-TH stick and Windows 7.
    Will try.
  2. taki

taki Member

tvheadend and vdr perfect backend for android and all free. no need extra tv server of pc. you can stream other lan device with vdr and tvheadend. it works like server of dvbs/t/c on minix. but not officials support. if minix support. it can be work with kodi. only add usb tuner your minix. no need extra pc for. I use that but amlogic amport (codech and usb cominications not equal)
  3. CrocAu

CrocAu Member

having extra pc as server is much better choice if you have large house and running multiple units on network, not to mention ability to use quad tuner pci-e cards
    single dongle plugged in to minix is very limited in what you can do even if you get it to work
  4. rom69

rom69 Member

I'm using this file since more than have a year without problems. As including this file was the only reason to root my device, I would really appreciate if this file would be included in the next release.
    Thank you.
    rom69
  5. rom69

rom69 Member

This is an issue reported earlier,:
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/v13-3-3-beta-8-minix-xbmc-for-evaluation.1926/page-33#post-52286
    Problem still existing, but not as bad as before. I have approx. 90% good channel switches and 10% end with black screen.

rom69
  6. CrocAu

CrocAu Member

thanks for posting rom69
    the more i look the more i find people with same problems.
    disabling amlogic acceleration isn't an option as it crashes kodi on some channel changes as well when trying to play normal video files, this is random but doesn't take long to crash, also many channels in PVR are shown in wrong format, what should be 16:9 is squashed out of proportion to 4:3
    i have now two x8-h plus and both show same issues, all other android devices in the house have no such problems at all
    it would be such nice setup if it wasn't so buggy
  7. MINIX - Ken

We have heard the problems for months but so far we couldn't get even 1 log file indicating the issue and that's why we are having difficulties to fix it.

Kodi has problems playing .ts stream with amcodec, and we can't tell if these problems are related.

e.g. http://pan.baidu.com/s/1eQJD0h8
    This .ts file plays fine with stock player or MX player but having a blank screen & audio is OK in Kodi.
    I've reported this to Kodi team about a month ago.

Since we are unable to identify the issue, please don't expect it could be fixed in days or weeks,
    unless this situation could be changed.

Posting more word descriptions and blaming are unlikely to help.
  8. rom69

rom69 Member

From my point of view it is not about blaming, sorry if this has been understood like this. I just wanted to mention that there are other threads regarding this topic.

I really tried a lot to solve this issue, but so far just minor improvements. Also I cannot get a log file, showing differences between a successful and a not successful channel switch.

On the other hand I have still the expectation to solve this topic, as I really like the idea of doing inhouse just streaming, independent of the source and my DVB-S TvHeadEnd server installed on a NAS being just one of several sources.

regards
    rom69
  9. rom69

rom69 Member

I do not have this issue. I'm using TvHeadEnd 3.9.2345 with 4 channel DVB-S Astra and Hotbird. I also have an X8-H plus.

TvHeadEnd channel switching on other devices like FireTV stick or Nexus 7 without problems, using Kodi 15 beta 2.

On X8-H plus I have best results with XBMC Minix 13.3.3 final, but Kodi 15 is improving with every relelase.

rom69
  10. taki

taki Member

openelec of x8h plus no has blackscreen and zapping problem with tvheadend and vdr. My problems some channels sd and hd palying frame skip and flawlessly
  11. CrocAu

CrocAu Member

wrong format is only issue with acceleration disabled, sorry if that wasn't clear rom69

EDIT: with kodi 15 and all 3 hardware acceleration options disabled format is correct
    would be great if we could disable hardware acceleration only for PVR function, would be almost perfect work around till the real issue is fixed by kodi or amcodec people
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  12. CrocAu

CrocAu Member

Ken, nobody is blaming we just want things fixed, i don't understand what you want us to do? should we just be quiet and don't expect anything? there is a problem, this is beta topic, if this isn't the place to go in to details about issues then i don't know what is. please don't get offended by people simply pointing out what isn't working. I have now 2 of your devices and plan to buy more but would love to see things fixed first.
    kodi on other android platforms doesn't show same issues so to point a finger at kodi might not bring the fix any soon if at all and i hope there is something you can do to fix this on amcodec end instead since kodi plays video and audio without going black as long there is no amcodec in the unit

and once again Ken, my offer is there, ANY logs, ANY testing, just tell me exactly what you need and I will provide it
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  13. CrocAu

CrocAu Member

is there somewhere good guide how to get openelec on x8h plus?
  14. MINIX - Ken

@CrocAu Our setup for DMB-TH is complete.
    Testing and debugging.
  15. MINIX - Ken

On our PC with NextPVR, some channels do play with audio but no picture.
    Does it mean that could happen on PC as well?
  16. CrocAu

CrocAu Member

this is playback via nextpvr only without using kodi yet? if yes then this would be most likely just some codecs missing, DMB-TH is little bit more complex than DVB-T/S so i suggest you try setting up kodi PVR module and see if same channels work, nextpvr should be just passing .TS so missing codecs shouldn't be issue if kodi have them, if they still don't play with video then for testing delete all channels that don't work on pc and test with whatever you have left, and changing channels up and down on minix will very soon trigger black screen with audio only
  17. CrocAu

CrocAu Member

also could be some encrypted channels or radio channels? anyway as long as you have bunch that do work delete the rest and you should be able to test with that
  18. MINIX - Ken

HD channels (H.264) are not playing from my PC.
    On X8-H PLUS it's OK, I'm using MINIX XBMC.
    channels1.jpg
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
  19. MINIX - Ken

Now I keep changing between SD and HD channels to see what will happen.
  20. rom69

rom69 Member

@taki,
    as the openelec thread is a little bit confusing, which version would you recommend to try with X8-H plus?
    rom69