1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

X8-H PLUS 006 BETA2 firmware (June 2015)

Discussion in 'Beta Firmwares' started by MINIX - Ken, May 21, 2015.

1. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

On Win7 PC, I can't switch from HD to SD channel. Picture is distored.
    Could it be related to the tool also? The problem looks the same.

My question is: Is NextPVR itself bug-free? It seems not to me.
    SD.jpg
  2. MINIX - Ken

MINIX XBMC: May crash back to launcher screen, but no black screen with audio issue
    Kodi 14.2: freeze
    Kodi 15.0 beta 2: Can see black screen with audio issue quite often

The behavior is different between different XBMC/Kodi versions.
    And the behavior is very similar while running other players which we have compared with:
    SD->SD, OK
    SD->HD, stuck quite often
    HD ->SD, stuck quite often
    HD->HD, OK

When stuck:
    SD->HD->stuck(buffering 0%)->another HD->OK
    HD->SD->stuck(buffering 0%)->another SD->OK
    (Kodi has to fix this somehow)

We shall look into fixing our own platform issue for now (random black screen with audio issue).
    Thank you.
  3. x8hplusboy

x8hplusboy New Member

umm fix samsung cec too , it used to work before the current firmware
  4. MINIX - Ken

yes.
  5. CrocAu

CrocAu Member

looks like you missing H.264 codecs on your windows machine or nextPVR is elected to use codecs that don't do H.264
    most of the world don't use H.264 for Digital TV so that is why.
    but as you noted it works (when it doesn't crash) on minix because nextpvr doesn't do transcoding on backend, it send pure transport stream (.TS) over the network
    on my system with standard DVB-T where only MPEG is used for digital tv nextpvr performs almost as well as my paid version of dvbviewer and both demonstrate same issues with black screen on channel changes so as a test setup with nextpvr i think you are well set now and should be able to test on your own but if you need helping hand just let me know, you got my email now, i got two x8h plus and many other devices so can do any extra testing you might need.
    also i can confirm that the xbmc that comes with minix crashes to launcher screen on channel changes
    vidon version and kodi 15 beta don't crash to launcher screen
    and with same backends multiple andorid tablets in the house work no matter what version of xbmc/kodi is used, no crashes and no black screen issues
  6. MINIX - Ken

As I have replied, the random black screen issue is our issue to solve,
    but not the others.
    Kodi has just released 15.0 RC1 which they claim there are improvements related to PVR,
    we shall test later.
  7. liskobrian

liskobrian Member

I have cec issues on my box with 2013 LG TV. It connects and works for a while but then seems to loose the connection. Is this the MINIX player's fault or my TV?
  8. timboom009

timboom009 Member

When we get official 006 via fota iam looking forward @Ken!Greetings
  9. liskobrian

liskobrian Member

Just wondering, how do I set up a microphone to control Google now, YouTube, and the audio microphone search options on many apps?
  10. MINIX - Ken

Early next week, we are uploading it.
    Update window shall open when update testing complete.
    timboom009 likes this.
  11. Techtrino

Techtrino Member

So have you fixed that there now is power to a USB port when its on sleep? so we can use airmouses etc?
  12. MINIX - Ken

USB power has to be gone during sleep.
    There will not be any "fix" coming for that.
    NEO M1, NEO A2 Lite are designed to work with that.
  13. Techtrino

Techtrino Member

No fix, buts its a big flaw, we cant stow away the box because of this... and without the option of having e.g. a IR blaster or FLIRC that put the X8 at a big disadvantage.
  14. TheSeba

TheSeba Member

Will Panasonic CEC and power on by Samsung bar will be fixed ?
  15. danlat1415

danlat1415 Active Member

It's not a big flaw, it's specifically designed like that. Has been since Beta 2.
    That's why there is no fix, because it's not broken.
  16. Techtrino

Techtrino Member

Thats a bit like: You are holding it wrong...

This is a pretty highend mediaplayer right? I assume most people why buy an airmouse etc, buy it so they can hide the mediaplayer away.

But nope says minix, it needs to be in plain sight, and btw the remote which is bundled with the player is so horribly bad that you need to be no more than 2 meters in a straight line away in order to have it work....

Really it is a flaw, and a big one
  17. MINIX - Ken

M1 and A2 Lite both support wakeup via IR.
    And they are both airmouses.
  18. MINIX - Ken

Debug log shows that the sound bar got buffer full problem itself during wakeup, easily got filled up by the data.
    We did our best, it should work but we can't guarantee 100%. You may try next week, definitely there are improvements.
  19. Techtrino

Techtrino Member

I dont think you understand.

Imagine, you want to place the minix in a cupboard or a different room - or even behind your screen. - That does not work - No IR blaster or support to turn it on via usb...

Big flaw!
  20. MINIX - Ken

Live with it.
    My BD player, TV, air conditioner, amplifier are all working the way you described.