1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

X8-H Plus Firmware 11 - KOT49H.20161222

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H PLUS 011 firmware via MINIX FOTA' started by Saner Demirkol, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saner Demirkol

Saner Demirkol New Member

My Minix installed the latest firmware dated 2016.12.22 which is not announced yet officially.

What are the changes on this version?
  2. setopboxer

setopboxer Member

bug fixes lol..
    as stated on the update screen itself
  3. frutiloopis

frutiloopis Member

Where is the update ? My device via OTA don't found this version of firmware.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
  4. Spellbound

Spellbound Member

I can see it on the OTA update and would be interested to know what the changes are too before applying it.
  5. Mauricio26

Mauricio26 New Member

Hi,

I installed the latest firmware dated 2016.12.22 too, I don't have problems whit my minix ,but maybe it is interesting to know what changes included this version
    moba77 likes this.
  6. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

You're not alone! Me neither!
  7. Mitchellross

Mitchellross New Member

Any idea how I can force it to find this update?
  8. Menorca Man

Menorca Man Active Member Trusted Helper

I think it might have been removed from the OTA server. It previously showed up on my X8-H Plus but has now disappeared! :confused:
    Villa likes this.
  9. Villa

That was my thinking too!
    I don't have the X8-H Plus locally anymore and have only recently been able to check.
    Menorca Man likes this.
  10. setopboxer

setopboxer Member

so u switched to a new device?
  11. Villa

No, it's just not used locally at the moment! :)

Also take a look at my signature?! ;)
    midnight likes this.
  12. setopboxer

setopboxer Member

so many devices so little time.
  13. skinnybiggs

skinnybiggs New Member

im also updated to latest as well i bought mine from a reseller tho never updated it myself, i recently had a update screen pop up when i was using sixaxis app to use ps3 wireless and since i was rooted superuser poped up asking for permission i denied as i was already updated .

has that happend to anyone else ? getting a update pop up tho your on the latest , and if the firmware was removed does that not void warrenty on your end ? like if it was a bad update that can cause harm to device and because of that reason it was removed?

Curious if any MODS can find the info regarding the disappearance of this update...crossing fingers its not a harmful reason lmao

SONY (ps3) has made some piss poor updates to there firmwares back when it first came out that caused the RSX to significantly heat up while the console was on XMB
  14. gsaronni

gsaronni New Member

There is a new firm 20170119. I will wait to see what happens

I have a new Minix, the other one was a headache with the permanent audio drops out and this new one is running perfect. I asked for the warranty service and they replaced the defective one
  15. sangaz

sangaz Member

Ive updated to the latest 20170119 and running well.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
  16. Menorca Man

Menorca Man Active Member Trusted Helper

Hmm. This is the second 8X-H Plus firmware in recent weeks to appear via OTA without a corresponding official statement in the 8X-H Plus "Official Firmware Releases" sub-forum. What gives?? o_O
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  17. kiwiblogger

kiwiblogger Member

I've checked to see in system update if this version is available to download and it isnt. Has it been deleted?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
  18. Frederick_99

Frederick_99 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

official minix support here recently seems to be surprisingly lacking which to me is very disappointing based on previous experience here.

absolutely nothing in ages from them regarding potential O/S upgrades despite many members asking for information...and OTA updates being available without any mention in the forums....just looks to have become a bit sloppy to me ...... don't get me wrong...i love my minix boxes and the support from the likes of @Higgs and @Villa but i can fully understand why some are abandoning minix and going for alternative android boxes....myself included...it does make you think twice about getting another minix when the time comes
  19. rmaijala1

rmaijala1 Member

Yeah it's so bad that a bit that's over 2 years old is still getting updates. This is number 11 in fact. So shoddy.

Sent from my SM-T715Y using Tapatalk
  20. kiwiblogger

kiwiblogger Member

I just want to know why the new 20170119 update isnt available for me to download

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.