1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

Beta Release X8-H PLUS Lollipop RC2 firmware (July 2017)

Discussion in 'Beta Firmwares' started by MINIX - Ken, May 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meliodas

meliodas New Member

awesome guys! thanks a lot!!!

2. meliodas

meliodas New Member

could you please guide me here? i need to make my minix neo x8-H plus box into lollipop. i appreciate.

3. meliodas

meliodas New Member

Finally. Thank you guys. I updated into lollipop =)

4. JuakoPS

JuakoPS New Member

5. Jaro

Jaro New Member

I would like to ask Minix officials to give us a statement about release date of this firmware. It is a shame that RC2 is out for half a year and there is no progress on it. Is this called customer care? I doubt it, I think I've been waiting enough, Minix is dead for me.

dirkdiggler, DEFCON2 and houndbob like this.
  6. houndbob

houndbob New Member

I agree. Has been sometime now with no news on this update. As if it's on the back burner now.

triks likes this.
  7. Kemp

Kemp Member

Oh be quiet you drama queen. Given that officially SDK 21 and above isn't supported on the SOC that this device uses, we should think ourselves lucky we have any form of Lollipop firmware. Minix don't have to do what they have done. Besides, what exactly are you looking for in the final release that doesn't already work in RC2? If it's the audio passthrough that will never work.

giannibat likes this.
  8. pusb87

pusb87 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

mmm..it is normal that when a release candidate is provided by an official source that following testing and bug reports a final release is forthcoming so i have some sympathy with @Jaro although he could have presented his view better . I also believe that audio passthrough does work, just not for HD audio.

It is however very disturbing that there has been no support from any official minix members for over a month now on any subject whatever

dirkdiggler and DEFCON2 like this.
  9. Kemp

Kemp Member

I'm aware what release candidates are, thanks. But given the circumstances I've already outlined regarding the SOC and SDK21, and given how well RC2 already works, comments like "Minix is dead for me" simply because there has been no final release yet are of zero help and more than a little ridiculous. And I was referring to the HD passthrough.

10. Jeffers24

Jeffers24 Active Member

Ongoing OS support on this premium Minix device by Minix has been poor in the past and now seems non existent, in my view Jaro's post was a perfectly reasonable request for information.

I consider myself very unlucky in being taken in by the Minix hype, and wish I had never bought it.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
    dirkdiggler and DEFCON2 like this.
  11. houndbob

houndbob New Member

Well don't see any use in name calling or going on about who's a drama queen. We all have our opinion on how things are progressing. In which case there not. Would be very helpful if Minix would get involved again and let us know where they are at. Had more faith in them when Ken would be involved. As I mentioned before, seems this update has moved to the back burner. Perhaps that's it, nothing more is going to be done. They probably hope things will die down and those that own the box will forget about it. Only time will tell. Myself I'm hoping for the best.

Jeffers24 likes this.
  12. Marty

Marty Moderator Moderator

Admins, moderators can you step in please and remove the hate posts and requests for release dates, the rules are clear.
    Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. midnight

midnight Moderator Moderator

Everyone needs to calm down, take a deep breath and relax ! I understand people being upset and disappointed , I get it. Name calling and personal attacks will not help the situation and quite frankly why on earth are we panicking ? My Minix devices are not life and death for me ! ..... are they for you ?? Has Minix handled things properly of late? .... absolutely not ! Saying nothing says a lot. If you so choose to jump ship then so be it !

Going forward, anymore name calling or attacks on other members will not be tolerated and will be removed as well as asking for release dates. As @Marty reminds us, the rules are clear .:)

Rui Oliveira, Higgs, houndbob and 4 others like this.
  14. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.