1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

X8-H WiFi not working - help please

Discussion in 'Official Firmware Releases' started by adamski88, Feb 6, 2016.

1. adamski88

adamski88 Member

Hello

Turned on my minix last week and the wifi wasnt working. There is no problem with my router etc as all other devices are working as normal.

I am on build number: KOT49H.20160115

I have just done a system update from the settings menu and it hasnt fixed it.

Could anyone help me resolve this please?

Thanks
  2. ze7zez

ze7zez New Member

Install such as WiFi Analyzer.

1. Check whether you see any wifi network in Minix.

2. Turn on WiFi tethering in Minix. On your smartphone, make sure you see your Minix.
  3. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Did it work before?

Please make sure you have flashed the correct firmware.

If you flashed a X8-H plus firmware to X8-H, or vice versa, wifi would be disabled.

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk
  4. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Agree.

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk
  5. EdT586

EdT586 Member

Make sure the WiFi box is checked, these X8 boxes have a tendency of unchecking themselves !
  6. Nardoo

Nardoo New Member

Any Update regarding this issue, my X8-H did the same and i tried to upgrade to the latest firmware and the opposite i downgraded it to the oldest firmware as well and no success. I tried all the possible options and nothing works. Only the WiFi option doesn't work and everything else is normal, tethering wifi works and i can see the box on my mobile, Bluetooth also works and Ethernet works. WiFi keep writing refresh list and doesn't find any connection even though i have about 30 connections in my area and with my mobile i see them all while the box doesn't find any. Please help, i need it to work via WiFi as i would like to change the place of the box in my room and can't easily connect Ethernet cable to it. I need help, Any advise?
  7. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

The OP has not replied since posting his problem, so no-one knows if he has solved it or not :(.
    Some things to check:
    Make sure you have the X8-H and not the X8-H Plus as the firmware is different. Flash the latest firmware using the usb burning tool.
    You say Bluetooth is working, is the range good? (Wifi and bluetooth both share the external antenna so a good working range on bluetooth should mean the antenna connection is okay)
    Make sure ethernet is disabled before switching wifi on.
    Try switching wifi on through the android settings (not the minix mbox settings page)
  8. Nardoo

Nardoo New Member

Well for X8-H i am 100% sure as it's written on the Carton box and inside the about on the android system as well. Regarding ethernet is disabled and wifi on through the android system and keeps searching forever. it is driving me crazy, i even put back the firmware that came the box with since 2 years and nothing. wifi can't find any connection at all. i need to fix it other wise i should pass a very long ethernet cable or throw away the box and get another one and definitely won't be Minix, i am very disappointed starting by since i got it can't turn it on or off with the remote control at all only manually by the click on the box and now this wifi issue which no one from the company can advise or give a solution. Maybe all it needs a driver so i can install or even advise me if i can change a hardware inside the box and i will.