1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

X8-H wifi problem

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H, X8 Plus & X8 Official Firmware Releases' started by addam2565, Oct 19, 2014.

1. jeyragusa

jeyragusa New Member

Whether they acknowledge or not, "WE" already know this is a problem. I had two problems with my X6 box. Wifi kept failing to connect when I woke box from sleep and every time I plugged in my external HDD, the X6 would scan is obsessively for more than an hour.

I posted these issues in the X6 forum, questioning WHY I should pay 2X the price of a generic box for an X6 when the generic had no such problems. Instead of addressing these concerns, my post was deleted!! I returned my box.
  2. Tasuki

Tasuki New Member

Mine worst. Cannot even turn on the device wifi.
  3. SatyamNEERMAULL

SatyamNEERMAULL New Member

WiFi issues wit x8 H plus, don't have the option to turn ON, what can I do ? Hardwiring through LAN cable, the device works flawlessly but no WiFi, please help
  4. eltree

eltree New Member

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
  5. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

@SatyamNEERMAULL @eltree

You both say you have the X8-H Plus yet are posting in the X8-h/X8/X8Plus section. Flashing the wrong firmware will cause problems with wifi/bluetooth.
    Please flash the firmware for the X8-H Plus (in X8-H Plus section).
  6. SatyamNEERMAULL

SatyamNEERMAULL New Member

Ok thanks, I'm a newbie, didn't pay attention, tthe issue remains unsolvedthe
  7. xuw

xuw New Member

Reconnect to WiFi network when you wake it up is a hit and miss gamble from my experience so far with the box.

If the minix guys just create a script that reconnects on wakeup, problem solved? Need an update for this.
  8. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

This is the forum for X8-H, X8 and X8 Plus, not the X8-H Plus. Please read my post #45.
  9. Satyam

Satyam New Member

Hello Ken, in my case wifi was working fine but then one day I noticed that it was not even turning ON, blue color, even if I tried to turn it ON it remains grey.... I suppose antenna is ok...what do you propose?
  10. Satyam

Satyam New Member

Is you wifi working now? Mine was working but now I can't even turn it ON it remains grey, never turns blue
  11. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

You already asked this in post #43
    ...and you have posted here...
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/no-wifi.8041/
  12. iBabin

iBabin New Member

Any update on this issue? The wifi keep dropping for no reason!

Minix x8 on the latest firmware trying on a really good gaming router. Minix is the only one to disconnect... And no I can't wired my internet to minix

No firmware update since the start of the issues?