1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

X8, X8 Plus, X8-H Official Firmware 005 (20150507)

Discussion in 'X8, X8 Plus, X8-H Official Firmware 005' started by MINIX - Ken, May 13, 2015.

1. Ravendark

Ravendark Member

did you read the third post?
  2. roldgold

roldgold New Member

Yes, I read it, followed the instructions but I'm getting an error that says: E: Footer is wrong
  3. Ravendark

Ravendark Member

I was referring to your question on where to download the USB update.zip from...
    Which method did you use? And we are probably off-topic, maybe you should create a new thread about it...
  4. roldgold

roldgold New Member

Yes, I downloaded the correct zip file that you recommended, I used the SD card method and everything was working properly, then I got the error, it appears in other posts that you have to use the earlier FW versions, like 002 before you can use 005....?
  5. Ravendark

Ravendark Member

I am not sure, never used the SD card method, I always use the burning tool method
  6. roldgold

roldgold New Member

I have to use the SD method because I have a mac, is the OTA working now once I upgrade the FW to 002?
  7. roldgold

roldgold New Member

My current FW is KOT49H.20140529 test-keys
  8. Ravendark

Ravendark Member

9. roldgold

roldgold New Member

Followed to the T, works fine, then during the process I get the same error....
  10. roldgold

roldgold New Member

Can you install this FW over 002a or do you need to install all of the previous FW versions prior to 005?
  11. animecg

animecg New Member

how do i get the update&back up app? it no longer there.
  12. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

13. HiMaNeN

HiMaNeN Member

I did about 3 updates and finally this one is it me or is it all in my head that the playback with Mkv files are much more smooth now on my ledtv?? =)
  14. Hammerhead

Hammerhead Member

BUGS LOCATED ....
    Media center will not stream. Keeps saying no media device found.. When im using Kodi I can steam from my desktop 100% of the time..

2nd bug... When you put in a Thumb drive and watch a movie after pulling the TD out and replacing it with a different TD it still shows the contents of the 1st TB it will not refresh. I have to reboot for it to see the content of the different TD.. I have reproduce this bug every time I change the TD after watching a movie.

I have a small 16.67mb file to update but keeps coming back with network connection failed. I know its not on my end. So after clicking the button ea time it stops im @ 65%. After it d/l a small chunk of data it fails connection. Defiantly a issue with the server dropping the connection. its stuck @65% right now. I don't trust the integrity of the data so will tray another time..
    Last edited: May 24, 2015
  15. roldgold

roldgold New Member

Ok guys! I did the manual update with a Fat32 formatted SD card, you have to format the SD card on a Windows machine, a Mac will format it however the SD card will not work, the Mac Fat32 structure must differ from Windows because I kept receiving the "No Footer" Error on the Minix when using the Mac formatted SD card. Once I installed FW 002a, I then connected my Minix to a Cat5 cable to my network router, I then ran the Minix OTA update app and received all FW updates all the way to the current one released in May 2015.

I hope this info helps, I know it helped me to avoid using all the burn tools and manual FW update methods!
    Last edited: May 26, 2015
    Ravendark likes this.
  16. rameshpillai

rameshpillai New Member

Hi

I have a Neo-X8-H with Build Number KOT49H.201440722 test-keys running .
    How do i upgrade to the latest firmware (005). I have never used the FOTA as well.

Thanks
  17. Villa

Did you not read my post?
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/x...-firmware-005-20150507.5849/page-4#post-54658

You could have used the v005 update.zip package and skipped the FOTA updates!
  18. Villa

19. nri335

nri335 New Member

Villa likes this.
  20. roldgold

roldgold New Member