1. Official MINIX forum

X8, X8 Plus, X8-H Official firmware 008 (20160115)

Discussion in 'X8, X8 Plus, X8-H Official Firmware 008' started by MINIX - Ken, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Jaques-Ludwig

Jaques-Ludwig Member

Nice Update. Thanks.

I don't know if this is new in this firmware, but I have just seen, that the number keys of my harmony remote now works. Great!

Now the only keys I want to work are the "DVR", "Guide", "Info" and record keys of my Harmony Smart Control.

Is this possible or just a dream ?

Thanks a lot,

Jaques-Ludwig
  2. vitorugo_8

vitorugo_8 New Member

where can i find the x8-H Plus version??
  3. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

vitorugo_8 likes this.
  4. vitorugo_8

vitorugo_8 New Member

5. Pippo Pelo

Pippo Pelo New Member

6. datotansri

datotansri New Member

7. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

The steps should be very clear and there is a video on the post that you linked to.
    Perhaps if you explained what it is you actually did step by step and what happened at each step, what appeared on screen etc.
    Saying that you "followed instructions and nothing happens" doesn't give us much information to help you.
  8. datotansri

datotansri New Member

thank you very much for your reply.
    I completed step 1 & 2 and step 3 (a) & 3(b) as stated below. when I completed 3(c) no boot logo appears on the screen.

3.Booting up into system recovery menu:
    To enter system recovery menu, your box has to be connected to a display (so that you can access the menu options) and the USB drive has to be plugged in;
    a.) Press and hold the "Recover" button on the back of the case next to them HDMI port;
    b.) While holding the "Recover" button, press the "Power" button to boot the box into recovery menu;
    c.) You may release both buttons when you see the MINIX boot logo;
  9. Tomy Choy

Tomy Choy New Member

Every time when I try to download the firmware, it stopped at around 9%. How can I download the full firmware?
  10. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Use a download manager.
  11. Tomy Choy

Tomy Choy New Member

Thank you very much indeed, it worked...;)
  12. Omitico

Omitico New Member

hi guys

i want to make a new and clean installation.
    What method should I use?
  13. gjs999

gjs999 Active Member

pc and usb flash is the best way
  14. 3DoMGX

3DoMGX New Member

Update worked fine. "Eth. disguised as Wi-Fi" was just what I needed for a App. (y)