1. Official MINIX forum

X8, X8 Plus, X8-H Official firmware 009 (20160324)

Discussion in 'X8, X8 Plus, X8-H Official Firmware 009' started by MINIX - Ken, Mar 25, 2016.

1. jtmon3y

jtmon3y New Member

It's the X8-H. Do you know if any micro USB cord will work to connect it to PC?
  2. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

Any data cable type should work. A charging only type will not!
  3. jtmon3y

jtmon3y New Member

Damn. Ok thanks
  4. HardwareGuru

HardwareGuru Developer Administrator

Make sure the micro usb goes deep enough.. if not cut a part of the plastic so it goes deeper.
  5. Villa

Why damn?
    Generally a cable supplied with a phone/tablet does the job. A charging cable is usually what is supplied with something that doesn't require data transfers like a Bluetooth speaker.
    As @HardwareGuru says, the Micro USB connector may need to be a little longer, like the one supplied with MINIX devices, but I have never had an issue using cables with a shorter/standard length connector.
  6. Lionel

Lionel New Member

Hi,

I'm on finless 2.0 rom. I want to go back to stock. Can I install the update.zip through recovery with USB stick? Because it has a custom recovery I guess... Twrp I think. I would do the following steps:

Wipe date and cache
    Install
    Then select the update.zip (the stock firmware zip file. Should I rename it to update.zip?)

Thanks in advance!
  7. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

I think you need to flash the full system image using the usb burning tool.
  8. Lionel

Lionel New Member

Oké thanks!
  9. jtmon3y

jtmon3y New Member

Is it possible to use a USB to USB cable ?
  10. Villa

You have to use a Micro USB to USB
  11. Kutlan

Kutlan New Member

is it possible to update this version from KOTH49H.20141128 release-keys?
  12. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Yes.
    Use either the Full system image with USB flashing tool: method or the USB .zip update package (keeping exisiting data, requires FAT32 USB drive): method from post 1.

(Your last post from July last year states that you have fw006 - 20150708 :confused:)
    Villa likes this.
  13. cyrus82

cyrus82 New Member

Hi all, just want to say thanks for the advises and directions. Flashed to 009 successfully and got everything up and running.
    Need to check something though as i couldn't find much related info in this forum.

I supposed Neo X8-H is HDCP 2.2 version since its running 4K? I am using a Samsung 4K TV HU7000. There isn't much details in the user guide regarding the HDMI ports except that HDCP 2.2 must use HDMI (MHL) port.

Reason for asking is because I have no issues displaying 4K when i am connected to that port. But when i tried to connect X8-H to any other alternative HDMI ports, the screen kept flashing off and on as if trying to detect the display signal or change the resolution.

I had the X8-H set to 4k2k, 30hz. The TV is capable of running 4K 60p. But i understand X8-H is only HDMI 1.4b, thus only allowed to 30 frames.

Just wish to confirm my suspicion. Thanks!
  14. vayen

vayen New Member

update the box to firmware 005 then do an ota update from the box it upgrades to firmware 009 once you have done the ota update do another and it updates the bugs
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
  15. Villa

Flashing firmware 009 direct is better than flashing 005 then using OTA!
  16. vayen

vayen New Member

yes but nobody seems to have a link to 009 plus i did the same process on my other x8-h and thats fine that does upto 4k 24hz plus fota can help update your device to a better state and fix some known issues
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  17. Villa

18. vayen

vayen New Member

would that sort the problem of it not being able to select 4k on the resolution on hdmi control
  19. glavanesti

glavanesti New Member

Hello to all you can do directly to 009 having firmware 003?
    Thank you so much.
  20. frutiloopis

frutiloopis Member

Yes, with OTA update

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk