1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

xbmc 16.3 crash 2/3 time before start

Discussion in 'Kodi/XBMC for MINIX Releases' started by mtguido, Oct 14, 2016.

1. mtguido

mtguido Member

hi, i have jst installed xbmc for minix on my minix neo u1, exactly this version: MINIX_XBMC_V16.3_20160911

When i start it for first time it crash ever! And when i go to restart it, crash another time.

only at third/fourth start it remain open and start to work

how can i understand why?

regards
  2. Johno102

Johno102 Active Member

Looking at the previous thread you started, did you uninstall the Alpha version of XBMC for Minix that came pre-installed on your U1 before you installed the 16.3 version? If you didn't then that could be your problem. I'd suggest uninstalling and installing afresh.
  3. mtguido

mtguido Member

No, you're right, i directly install new apk!
    This is a bad news, because i just set kit of addon and skin. The backup addon work also for skin settings? Or can I backup it in another way??
  4. mtguido

mtguido Member

Ok just done! I see that was another backup to do also in the skin.

For now seems not crash, i will test 2/3 days and get feedback here.

Thanks for now
  5. mtguido

mtguido Member

Unfortunately XBMC continue to crash at start...what should be?
  6. Johno102

Johno102 Active Member

Uninstall, re-install and add one or two addons and see if it still crashes. What skin are you using sometimes that can be the root of the problem.
  7. mtguido

mtguido Member

I'm using mq 7 beta skin
  8. Johno102

Johno102 Active Member

Well stay with the standard Confluence skin for a period and see if it still crashes.
  9. EdT586

EdT586 Member

This is an known issue with Minix X8-H boxes. Third party skins like Xonfluence will crash, Kodi 16.1, SPMC, and XBMC Minix Edition after 1-2 starts.
    The embarrassing thing about all this is that it does not happen on my $18 MXQ boxes while it crashes on my $180 Minix X8-H box without fail ! ...LoL
    So now I have to use the default Confluence skin with only 5 icons ! :(