1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

XBMC 16.3 OSD hangs after pausing

Discussion in 'Kodi/XBMC for MINIX Releases' started by Sherpa25, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Sherpa25

Sherpa25 Member

After pausing for several seconds, and resuming playback, the OSD stays on the screen despite pressing 'Back' or any other remote press. It's like the OSD hangs and stays on screen, no matter what I press, even though playback continues. The only key it responds to is the Home, w/c takes me back to the Home screen, so I have to restart the video. Anyone know how to fix this? U1 in latest FW12.

2. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Have you tried pressing 'm' when the osd is displayed?
    What skin are you using?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

3. Sherpa25

Sherpa25 Member

Sorry, what do you mean by 'm'? I'm using the stock remote, as I find it much more convenient and responsive than the A2 Lite (w/c I use only when I have to type in something, w/c is rare). Do you mean typing the letter 'm' with the A2 lite? I'm using Confluence skin. Thanks.

4. Higgs

yes

5. Sherpa25

Sherpa25 Member

Ok, like I mentioned, I use the stock remote. Are you saying it's necessary to use the A2 lite remote for the OSD to turn off? Isn't this an XBMC 16.3 bug?

6. Sherpa25

Sherpa25 Member

No one encounters this?

7. skynet

skynet Moderator Moderator

Hi Sherpa,
    No, never had this issue, OSD disapear after pressing Back button.
    If this issue remains try a clear XMBC cache in applications settings.

Sherpa25 likes this.
  8. Sherpa25

Sherpa25 Member

Ok, I'll try that later, thanks. It happens only if I pause for several seconds (ie. the OSD stays on even after pressing play, despite pressing Back). But if I pause for only few seconds, there's no problem.

9. skynet

I'll try tonight to stay more than 10 seconds ;)

Sherpa25 likes this.
  10. DrZ0idberg

DrZ0idberg New Member

The same thing happens to me all the time when I pause it for more then a minute. I have X8H with minix's XBMC 16,3 20160911. It appears that the remote is irrelevant. I have NEO A2 but the same happens with a stock remote. I tried to clear the cache even reinstalled XBMC - nothing helps when a movie is paused XBMC becomes non responsive. BTW this _always_ happens closer to the end of a movie. Anyhow I just to not pause it :) I stop it instead and fortunately XBMC remembers a position to start from. It's kind of ugly but works reliable at least.

Sherpa25 likes this.
  11. Higgs

Are you saying that the movie freezes as well, or just that it doesn't respond to any keypress (including 'm' to show/hide the OSD)?

12. skynet

Hi Sherpa,

I tried it yesterday evening during 10 seconds, then 30 seconds and after pressing the back key osd was gone. Perhaps I can try longer time, I just saw the last post...

Sent by my S7 edge

Sherpa25 likes this.
  13. Sherpa25

Sherpa25 Member

FWIW, I tried similar duration and same thing, OSD was gone with back key. Tried with over a minute and it hanged again.

14. skynet

Ok, i will try longer time tonight ;)
    It's good to detect this kind of bug, it will be corrected quickly.

Sherpa25 likes this.
  15. DrZ0idberg

DrZ0idberg New Member

Sorry I did not make it clear. A movie is playing all right but the navigation menu and a movie poster do not disappear when I click back button actually clicking any button does not do anything. The worst part is that the nav menu and a poster does not get away at all as it normally happens at the beginning of a movie

Sherpa25 likes this.
  16. CybeRider

CybeRider Active Member

Hi Sherpa25, if you press "left" (in the A2 square) and then "back" it should clear the OSD immediately.

17. Sherpa25

Sherpa25 Member

Thanks for the tip, I'll try it later when I get home. Should this work with the stock remote (as I rarely use the A2 lite).

18. CybeRider

CybeRider Active Member

I can't tell. The stock remote was a 1st day bad memory. as I tried the A2, after the big disapointment with the stock one, I fell in love with it and never used the stock ever again. the stock remote works in Infra red only and so it requires that you really point it at the Minix eye. Besides some functions are terrible to achieve, for instance the slider menu at the app store. you should give the A2 a serious try.(y)

19. Sherpa25

Sherpa25 Member

I understand. It's just my A2 Lite's buttons are too stiff (requires multiple presses a lot of times) and it's too late for me to have them replaced :(.

20. CybeRider

CybeRider Active Member

I went looking for the stock creepy thing and found it! It works just fine with me as well regarding the OSD issue. i will keep fingers crossed it will work for you as well. Good luck!;)