1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

XBMC 16.3 OSD hangs after pausing

Discussion in 'Kodi/XBMC for MINIX Releases' started by Sherpa25, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Sherpa25

Sherpa25 Member

Nice, expensive solution :)

2. CybeRider

CybeRider Active Member

That is an old debate by now. I used to have a motorbike before I got a car. Is it better? Is it worse?... Both take you nicely from A to B. One thing for sure: It is not the same thing at all.

This guy is portuguese, but he speaks good English:

I think that when we see a statement like yours in this forum it is always a good chance to keep in mind what this sayings really mean. For me (IMO) it just means you got a different non-related solution.

Last edited: May 11, 2018
  3. Sherpa25

Sherpa25 Member

I think he was just sharing what he did as an option that got rid of the issue, rather than comparing 'which is better'. But like I mentioned, quite an expensive solution just for that issue, although an annoying issue. :)

skynet and CybeRider like this.
  4. CybeRider

CybeRider Active Member

Maybe my cultural thing, but I can't achieve to understand that to be a real solution, but more like a giving up instead.

Taking my example, if my motorbike falls to the side when I park it, and I buy a car, I don't go back to the motorbike dealer and say I got a solution to the problem of my motorbike falling when I leave it parked...

I don't know or care if there is a quality comparison, as what I really wished to make clear were the diferences between products which, to me, makes the both not comparable at all, as those differences might be important to someone about to take that so called "solution" to resolve this or any other eventual annoyance with Minix boxes.

Last edited: May 11, 2018
    skynet likes this.
  5. Sherpa25

Sherpa25 Member

Yup, not really a solution here, as it doesn't address the issue with the device in question. Yes, although in fairness to him, he didn't mention a comparison. :) I digress... pls, anyone know how to address this, other than those mentioned? :(

@CybeRider, are you using XBMC 16.3?

6. CybeRider

CybeRider Active Member

Yes, absolutely. That is the one I use to play offline content, and I love it. I only use Kodi 17.6 (Playstore version, because maybe it updates more often than Minix XBMC 17.#) for online content to address the subtitles malware issue that came up some time ago.

I doubt about XBMC 17.# regarding its compliance with Amcodec (after all it is built from Kodi, right? And if there is no advantage why should we not just keep the Playstore version then?). For instance, XBMC 16.3 allows me to act in the video brightness and contrast, Kodi doesn't. In XBMC 16.3 I can pause the content and jump out of it to Chrome or something else and when I go back to the content I paused it is still there to keep going. In Kodi I would have to start over from the beginning.

Should I get absolutely sure XBMC 17.4 does as great with my U1 as 16.3, I would probably go fo it, but I don't wish to brake my flawless 16.3 experimenting with something so likely to fail me, as for that I already got the regular Kodi.

7. Sherpa25

Sherpa25 Member

I see. Good for you it's working fine. Really can't decipher why my OSD hangs after prolonged pause.

8. CybeRider

CybeRider Active Member

Sorry to know that, I have no further news about it from what we spoke one year ago. :sick: