1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

xbmc 17.3 alpha

Discussion in 'NEO U1 Official Firmware Releases' started by Toc, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Toc

Toc New Member

Where do I get XBMC 17.3 alpha apk download.

This will only install the special version and not override the seperate Krypton version that I have installed from kodi correct.

2. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

3. Toc

Toc New Member

Thanks for the location.

Still would like to know for sure if
    This will only install the special version and not override the seperate Krypton version that I have installed from kodi correct.

4. midnight

midnight Moderator Moderator

You can run both versions simultaneously !... It will be a fresh install .

dabar72 likes this.
  5. Toc

Toc New Member

Thanks for both your replies , I have both up and running.

midnight likes this.
  6. MoD

MoD New Member

Hi,

I've tried both 17.x XBMC versions but I have issues with Passthrough audio.
    Some movies with DTS have audio stuttering and DTS HD MA doesn't work at all.
    I have make all the adjustments and tried different alpha and beta Versions, also the official Version from the Playstore.
    Video runs nice and smooth.
    With XBMC 16.3 all works fine.

Anyone have the same issues or a fix?

7. SaEt9000

SaEt9000 Member

Hi,
    At the moment there is no one who's getting better results.
    XBMC 16.3 is really great on U1 - the 17.x versions are unusable.

It is not discussed so much here, because it is not possible to install both installations in parallel normally. I Moved my xbmc 16.3 with an app changer in an other container - so it works for me and i can test it. But nevertheless - xbmc 17.x is not usable at the moment at minix U1.

You can install the newest SPMC 17.x development installations instead:
    http://download.semperpax.com/spmc/android-arm/

I'd wonder if there would be a running xbmc 17.x before koying announced a first 17.x release of SPMC. If you follow all these activities: there is only one real expert on the whole world for kodi on android - especially with amlcodec chipsets. And this is the SPMC-developer koying. Until he hasn't finished his work - no one else will be able to offer a working solution for android beside kodi....

And: if you install a SPMC 17.x alpha - you will see exactly the same issues as on minix xbmc 17.3 and 17.4 ;)

SaEt9000

8. Adam Foreman

Adam Foreman Member

Not sure if I'm lucky or not but I'm running 17.6 from the store with no issues. Although I have moved the kodi data by using the "xbmc_env.properties" file with the following code:

xbmc.data=/storage/external_storage/sdcard1/kodi_data

This will install all the Kodi data etc to an external SD card to USB drive. I can't say for sure that's the key to success, I can only report it works for me.

But you NEED to create the "kodi_data" folder yourself first on the SD Card/USB drive. Otherwise it won't work.

skynet likes this.