1. Official MINIX forum

XBMC/Acestream problem

Discussion in '[Bugtracker] Official 002 firmware' started by Dean Merritt, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Dean Merritt

Dean Merritt Member

Since updating to the latest firmware im having problems with Acestream, When i connect to an Acestream link (normally through P2P) if it doesnt connect it shuts down XBMC.....If it connects all seems to be ok.
    Ive found ive got the problem with the Minix version of XBMC and also with the version i downloaded (Kodi) straight from the XBMC site.
    Any ideas
  2. Gh0st

Gh0st Australia's Finest Since 1981 Administrator

Probably the add on itself. A lot of these seem to be having problems lately. Nothing to do with the X8

Sent from my brain, to my fingers & then to Tapatalk
  3. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Try updating to the latest minix xbmc beta6.
    Which version did you download from the kodi website, gotham 13.2 or latest helix rc?

Sent using Tapatalk
  4. Dean Merritt

Dean Merritt Member

I downloaded gotham 13.2.
    i had exactly the same setup before the upgrade without any issues.
    like ive mentioned earlier it only bombs out if i try to connect to a dead link....if its a live link its perfectly ok.
  5. dabourb

dabourb New Member

Same issues, here but it happens too when I do connect and decide to stop the stream, xbmc shuts off..
  6. Joseph Smith

Joseph Smith Member

Did anyone get anywhere with this issue? 9 out of 10 times when i am stopping an Acestream, it closed my XBMC. @Higgs has anyone looked into testing this as it does it on both the X6 and X8 using the Minix XBMC that comes with the firmware and even using Minix Beta8 XBMC Regards Joseph
  7. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

I haven't tested it. I don't use this addon, I don't even see it in the list of addons.
  8. Joseph Smith

Joseph Smith Member

Hi Higgs, Thank you for coming back to me. Can someone test from the dev team please? This is a huge addon requirement and the problem is unique to the new Minix firmwares. Thanks Joseph
  9. Dean Merritt

Dean Merritt Member

Ive since put a later version of firmware on (002A i think) but still get the problem. Im just learning to live with it although its a pain.
    it would be great to find a solution.
  10. Dean Merritt

Dean Merritt Member

Yes mine also shuts down when i stop a stream :-/
  11. Joseph Smith

Joseph Smith Member

I may have resolved this problem, does anyone have any good ace stream sources for sports like Sky Sports, Bt Sports, etc so i can test this thoroughly? I already have VDUBT and Torrent.tv.ru, but they are not consistent enough for the testing.
  12. roy1234

roy1234 New Member

Go to p2p add on settings. In acestream tab uncheck kill ace engine if player stops. Solved this prob for me
  13. Joseph Smith

Joseph Smith Member

Yep worked this out in January as per my post above