1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

XBMC for MINIX 13.3 + Frequention switcher 1.3.1

Discussion in '[Bugtracker] NEO X8/X8-H 002 beta 9 firmware' started by Faranight, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Faranight

Faranight New Member

When using XBMC for MINIX 13.3 + Frequention switcher 1.3.1 with beta 9 firmware, the list of files is not refreshed when you add new files in external usb hard drive on a computer and replug it on the box (viewed as SD1). If you restart the box, it's the same list like before you add new files or new folders or delete some folderes or files. You need to delete and recreate new share in XBMC to refresh the list. I don't know if the native XBMC included with beta 9 is the same, because when I have flashed, I have immediately deleted it and installed the APK XBMC for MINIX 13.3 + Frequention switcher 1.3.1. On the older firmwares, when I plugged my usb hard drive with files changes, the list of files was refreshed immediately. I can tell you I have a SD Card I have formatted just after installed beta 9 firmware.

Thanks,
    Faranight
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  2. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Are these files added to your video library (i.e have a content scraper set). If so you just need to Update library.
  3. Faranight

Faranight New Member

I have reflashed my Minix with beta 9 firmware, without using the APK XBMC for Minix 13.3 + Frequention Switcher 1.3.1 and all now is OK. When I go in XBMC in menu Videos/Files/SDA1, my list of files and folders are refreshed automatically when I put new files or new folders with my computer and replug my USB Hard Drive. So I think maybe there is a bug with this APK or a mistake when I have installed it. I keep like that.
  4. Lentzi

Lentzi New Member

I have flashed it with the beta 9 firmware(from beta 7) that includes XBMC 13.3 + frequency switcher . The startpage of the XBMC doae not show anymore Movies and Series (TV shows) options, but only weather, video, pictures(photo), programs, settings. If I waht to hide/unhide these options the movie and series are unselectable (greyed).
  5. bandit0

bandit0 Member

That is because you don't have any items in your Video library. Add a source, set the content, and update the library.