1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

XBMC STOPS PLAYING

Discussion in 'Kodi/XBMC for MINIX' started by Lostking24, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Lostking24

Lostking24 New Member

Hi I wonder if anyone could help I got my MINIX plus on Friday and every time I play a movie through XBMC/KODI the video stops after about 10 minutes and I have to restart playing. No error messages simply Jist stops.

I'm using build number KOT49H.20150708

Its happening in both the pre installed MINIX VERSION XBMC 13.3-MINIX (3)

And also KODI ISANGARD downloaded from google play

2. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Are these local files? What filetype are the movies?

3. Lostking24

Lostking24 New Member

I'm streaming them from various sites like 1channel, genesis, phoenix and Mutts Nuts

No idea about format I'm sorry

aaaa likes this.
  4. Higgs

Does this just happen when streaming from addons? Do you have the same when playing local videos. It could be something with your internet connection or with the sources of these streams.

5. Lostking24

Lostking24 New Member

I don't have any local videos to play I just use the addons.

I've been using a MX box for last year and no isssue. Internet connection is perfect.

Tv shows from the add ons play fine just seems to be movies :(

6. Higgs

For support for unofficial addons you might be best going to the source of those addons, e.g. tvaddons. You could download some free movie samples etc to check if local files play ok

7. Lostking24

Lostking24 New Member

The add ons are working fine, I have checked on couple other devices.

Its an issue with the MINIX box and maybe the settings on it.

I've done fresh start and testing it again

8. Higgs

Are you using any advanced settings xml file? Have you changed any settings on the Kodi 15.0 downloaded from playstore from the default settings when installed?
    I have Kodi 15 installed on the x8-H plus, I can test a movie from those addons later.

Lostking24 likes this.
  9. Lostking24

Lostking24 New Member

No haven't altered any settings and have done a fresh install and same issue.

I have deleted the KODI version from the play Store and back testing the XBMC MINIX version.

Stopped again. Will do a fresh start and try again :(

10. Lostking24

Lostking24 New Member

Failing again before 10 minutes in to the movie just closes :( fecking frustrating

11. Higgs

Just watched 30 mins of amazing spider man on 1 channel and 30 mins of dark knight on genesis.- No issues.
    Kodi 15 installed from playstore, default settings, just a few addons added (no wizards/customizations etc). Using advancedsettings.xml for mySql librarary sharing and buffering settings.

12. Lostking24

Lostking24 New Member

Must be some issue with my MINIX box then. Have emailed the company I bought it from. Knowing my look I got a dodgy box :(

Unless you can think of something else I can try?

Thanks for your help :)

13. Higgs

Have you tried a few different sources for each movie? Some sources will work better than others. Do you have any buffering? Increasing cache size using an advanced settings XML file might help.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

14. Lostking24

Lostking24 New Member

No buffering. Movie starts without any delay and for first 10 minutes plays like a dream (90%of the time).

I used an app called EASY ADVANCED SETTING and increased the cache size but made no difference. Only time I noticed a change is when I set it to 0 (zero) and nothing worked :(

15. pusb87

pusb87 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

can you post your advancedsettings.xml file for us to look at ?

this simple one works well for me

Attached Files:

16. Lostking24

Lostking24 New Member

Thanks for your help guys but problem has randomly solved itself. I think.

Was looking at advert for a different KODI box and says it didn't rely on MX player like some other devices. So launched MX player and since then has worked fine. Switched device off and on again and now even without using MX player its still working.

How random!

Attached Files:

17. OffTheChains

OffTheChains New Member

Kodi forums says this is a known issue on 15?
    I'm new to the Xbmc just recieved my x8h plus box last week.
    I'm having the same problems movie freezes and only sound plays. I don't dare to rewind or fast forward because it will freeze also.
    Do you suggest using a external player?

18. Berndt

Berndt New Member

Had the exact same problem, films stopped after 10 minutes.
    Maybe I haven't read all above but are you using wifi or cable-connection?
    My problem have, sofar, disappeared after I gave up wifi and tried cable!

19. OffTheChains

OffTheChains New Member

I'm good.
    I seen other people had the same problems using 15.1 They had success downgrading to 15.0 and it fixes this issue if your having the same problems. Fixed mine.