1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

Xbox one wireless gamepad with usb adaptor not working

Discussion in 'NEO Z83-4' started by Sandokan01, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Sandokan01

Sandokan01 New Member

Hi,
    I am trying to configure a wireless xbox one gamepad on minix unit but I can't figure out why it doesn't work.
    Windows is updated at last build, as soon as usb dongle is connected to usb port windows detect it and installa driver but when I try to turn on controller led on dongle turn on so light on controller but after few seconds both led turn off and gamepad isn't detected by windows.
    On my primary PC everything works fine, someone has some hint that can help me so figure out how to solve this issue?
    thanks
  2. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

low battery? did you try on every USB ports?

(we tested xbox one S controller, working great)
  3. Sandokan01

Sandokan01 New Member

First of all thanks for your reply
    I have tried to change many batteries and to use every usb available but nothing changed and in my primary PC gamepad works smoothly.
    I should have same controller of xbox one S, second gen bought just one week ago.
    I will try to reinstall windows
  4. Sandokan01

Sandokan01 New Member

After a complete reset nothing has changed.
    I have tried other gamepad too with the same result, it's really strange, seems that controller isn't able to find the driver and windows doesn't start to install it so after a few second controller shutdown.
    However for now I have found a workaround that seems works. I have connected the pad using a usb cable, in this way controller is recognized and configured, after that
    controller will be recognized and configured even using wireless dongle.
    The further strange thing is that wireless gamepad driver installed is directly linked to usb gamepad cable driver, this mean that if, in device manager menu, I remove the gamepad driver for cable even the wireless one will disappear too and windows will not able to detect it again using wireless!
    Bah, really strange
  5. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Maybe you should install the drivers before connecting.