1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

Your system was damaged, wireless update is disabled

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H PLUS 007 firmware via MINIX FOTA' started by cbulcu, Sep 26, 2015.

1. cbulcu

cbulcu New Member

Hi,

I don't need assistance for my issue. I just wanted to inform you about it. I found that at least one other person had the same issue.

Basically I wanted to update the firmware from 006 to 007 (and subsequently to 007A) and got the error.

I have never rooted the device because I have never needed to.

The cleanup of the System Update app cache didn't work, only the sys reset did. Unfortunate because I had a bunch of apps installed requiring login.

I don't know the cause of the issue, but maybe you have some tips, or could look into it.

Thanks for your great work, otherwise!
  2. ZebSogo

ZebSogo New Member

Yes im having the same issue i cant seem to resolve it
  3. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

The ota is detecting your system as rooted, if you bought the device preloaded or with non-system apps installed your seller might also have rooted the box. A factory reset will work in this case.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
  4. ZebSogo

ZebSogo New Member

Higgs Thanks for the information. I have many kodi plug ins im guessing if i do a factory reset i lose everything
  5. cbulcu

cbulcu New Member

Well, no. I updated the player since its first version, without any issue till now.
  6. Higgs

Yes, but it seems that the root checker was updated in the last update. A number of users had reported they could update via fota even when rooted up to fw007.

7. cbulcu

cbulcu New Member

Another hint might be that I had to update the player via its micro USB cable the first time. Doesn't that mean it had the factory installation? The package looked untouched at the time.
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
  8. Jeffers24

Jeffers24 Active Member

Try copying the Kodi folder:-

SD0>Android>Data>Org.XBMC.Kodi>Files>Kodi to external storage device

Do Minix update, re-install same version of Kodi you had installed pre-Minix update , run Kodi and exit Kodi, re-install the Kodi folder you copied earlier, overwriting the Kodi folder on the updated Minix, run Kodi voila.

If you have any media (pictures, videos etc.) folders on your Minix box that are used by Kodi you will also have to back up and re-install these.
  9. ZebSogo

ZebSogo New Member

Great I'll give that a try
  10. Jeffers24

Jeffers24 Active Member

Worked for me, even saved watched flags, would be interested in how you get on
  11. ZebSogo

ZebSogo New Member

im looking in the the said folder but the Org.XBMC.Kodi>Files folder is empty
  12. Jeffers24

Jeffers24 Active Member

Make sure your file browser is set to display hidden files
  13. Jeffers24

Jeffers24 Active Member

In ES File Explore, Settings> Display settings> Show hidden files 'tick box'
  14. ZebSogo

ZebSogo New Member

yeah man that worked cheers will copy the folder to my sd card then do a factory reset will let you know how i get on wow my kodi files folder is 2GB lol
  15. Jeffers24

Jeffers24 Active Member

If your Minix was rooted you may have to re-root it or some of your apps/features may not work (n)

I have not rooted my Minix so if you need help may have to contact whoever supplied you the box :(
  16. ZebSogo

ZebSogo New Member

but if i do a factory rest will in not become unrooted
  17. Jeffers24

Jeffers24 Active Member

Yes, which is why IF your box was supplied to you rooted and IF your box came loaded with apps/features that need root it is most likely that they will not work. Anything not requiring root should work.
  18. ZebSogo

ZebSogo New Member

great sure i only really use it for kodi
  19. Jeffers24

Jeffers24 Active Member

Mine is only 1.06GB :D I had to delete some items off my SD0 to free up space, minix updates started failing due to not having enough free space to apply them :(
  20. Higgs

Updating using the USB burning tool would certainly remove any root anyway, so if you haven't rooted since then it looks like the fota app is picking up some rogue setting/app that makes it think the box is rooted.