1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Your system was damaged, wireless update is disabled

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H PLUS 007 firmware via MINIX FOTA' started by cbulcu, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Not sure if you are asking for help or just throwing a tantrum.
    If it's the first one then try clearing the system update app data. Then try again.
    If the device isn't rooted this should work without having to do a factory reset.
    If it's the second one then good luck, maybe when you calm down you'll realise that asking for help is more productive.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
    irie and Villa like this.
  2. lvr

lvr New Member

May be I went to irritated to be victim of what I consider an abnormal situation you created somehow.
    Clearing the system update app data did not solve the issue.
    My device never went rooted and I will not reinstall everything.
    Thanks to provide a workable solution.
  3. Higgs

I'm sorry, but if you are addressing me then I didn't create any 'abnormal situation somehow'. All I did was offer you help.
    All I can tell you is that if the System Update app is detecting your device as rooted then there has to be a reason for that. If clearing the app data didn't work then the problem is elsewhere.
    If you are unwilling to do a factory reset to eliminate whatever is causing that problem then I can't offer any further advice.
  4. lvr

lvr New Member

Sorry my apologize, all my communication was done thinking exchanging with someone in Minix support team.
    Minix support did create my issue and my frustration in banning my device from wireless updates.
    And I expect Minix support to provide a workable solution other then a factory reset.
    Thanks for your support and understanding.
  5. timboom009

timboom009 Member

i have same issue i get ota update on my x8 h plus ok dowanload succes but updating sadly warning ⚠ your system is damaged so i canot update fw 009! Pls help! Greetings

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
  6. Higgs

1. Try clearing data from the system Update app
    2. Make sure you have plenty of available disk space
    3. If your box is rooted then unroot (or do a factory reset)
  7. irie

irie New Member

My (admittedly uneducated) guess is that some people are unknowingly buying rooted devices. A simple Minix root checker would be useful.
  8. timboom009

timboom009 Member

@Higgs thanks for response i try cleaning cath disk space 7 gb i think its enough if i do factory reset then i can loose my xbmc how can i backup shoud i copy my xbmc in external hard schijf posible?thanks

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
  9. Jeffers24

Jeffers24 Active Member

I would not want finite MINIX resources to develop a MINIX root checker, rather they should concentrate on what only they can develop.

I have used Root Checker from the playstore and suggest this may be worth checking out first.
  10. Higgs

Did you try clearing the app data and clearing disk space and then trying the System Update again first?
    You should only need to do a factory reset if your box is rooted.
    You can backup your xbmc using the Backup addon.
  11. irie

irie New Member

If there's something that works in the Playstore then of course that should be used.

[edit]

e.g. "Root Status" in the Playstore.

[/edit]
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  12. Jeffers24

Jeffers24 Active Member

You would also need to back up any folders/files outside Kodi that you need to keep and re-install any android apps you wish to keep using.
  13. lvr

lvr New Member

Hello all,
    What I did to recover situation is I downloaded few root check applications from PlayStore, to try catching what was the guilty application which rooted my device.
    And I did deinstall all of them.
    It did not detect anything, but by chance when redoing Minix upgrade check, it passed.
    I do not know if one of those app did solve something, and if true which one app did solve my issue.
    Maybe their removal ?