1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Youtube 4k videos playback

Discussion in 'Official Firmwares' started by nick babalis, Apr 20, 2017.

1. nick babalis

nick babalis New Member

Is there any way to play 4k youtube videos from kodi 17.1?

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk
  2. KellyND1

KellyND1 Member

Never saw a 4k utube video available.. do they exist?

I'd love the proper answer.

How do u select your resolution in/at u tube?

Tia
  3. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

http://bfy.tw/CQoT

Just search 4k in the YouTube app!

For resolution select the 3 vertical dots in the top right and select Quality.
    Obviously you need to have a 4K TV to actually get the 4K quality.

Screenshot_2017-06-18-10-49-21.png
    aeclemo and KellyND1 like this.
  4. Rui Oliveira

Rui Oliveira Active Member

Most important : have hardware that supports 4k .
    Then is Just choose 4k content.
  5. MrBig

MrBig Active Member

You can also watch 4k on your 1080p TV. I stream 4k movies and Youtube, frm my U9 to a 1080p TV and the resolution is like 1080p on steroids. Much clearer and nicer color.
    Rui Oliveira likes this.
  6. skynet

skynet Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

7. MrBig

MrBig Active Member

Exactly! 1080p the way it should look. Since my receiver is 4k up conversion I send everything 4k from the U9 to the Tv.
  8. vlerner13

vlerner13 New Member

minix Youtube app one downloads from google store does not support 4k. Your 4k tv or amazon fire tv have licenses to transmit 4k videos from YouTube or amazon prime. I ave not found anything on minix apps that is really 4k and full screen.
  9. MrBig

MrBig Active Member

This app plays Youtube 4k videos on my U9 just fine. I just tested it to make sure.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.youtube&hl=en

My U9 is set to 4k resolution and my TV is a 4k TV. And by the way, there is no such thing as "Minix youtube app". It is just a Youtube app by Google for Android.
  10. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

11. PicandoCero

PicandoCero New Member

Great app,
    but dont have full screen video.
    fu#€% notification bar.
  12. CybeRider

CybeRider Member

Tried it out. Not very nice, the A2 mouse arrow didn't control it, but that would be the least. It seems that it has the same flaws as all other Youtube apps, the max display size is limited to 1920x1080, being that the app choses itself automaticaly which size to display. The U1 has a preinstalled former version of this app which allows us to choose which display resolution we want (to the max 1080p also, as all other similar apps), so I went back to that preinstalled version.

I don't know about the U9, but if it has that former version installed make sure to unistall that version before trying this new version. Before I did this I ended up with a mess as the new version didn't update the preinstalled one.

This said only way to watch 4k Youtube content still is (for me):
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/youtube-problem.17410/#post-139662
  13. gridlock

gridlock Member

Search for youtube vanced....