1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Z 83-4 Shutdown puts unit into Sleep/Hibernation

Discussion in 'NEO Z83-4' started by Peter Harp, May 17, 2017.

1. Peter Harp

Peter Harp New Member

This has only started happening recently after approx 5 months from new trouble free period. Every time I shutdown using the on screen 'Shutdown' option, bottom left Windows 10 screen, the unit, as you would expect goes off, except now it shows the dim green light on the front indicating it has entered sleep or hibernation (can't tell the difference).

When I turn it back on again using the side On/Off button nothing happens. The only way I can get the unit to start up is by taking the power lead out of the back, reinserting it then, press the power button at which point everything then powers on as normal.

I have not changed any settings in either Windows or Minix that would account for this behaviour.

Does anybody have any ideas please?
  2. Peter Harp

Peter Harp New Member

OK, problem 'almost' solved. I found a previous post which explains what this is (green light instead of blue. Take out CMOS then reinsert). However, it also suggests upgrading BIOS and disabling Windows 'Quick Start'. Can't details yet of how to upgrade BIOS, but, half way there I suppose.
  3. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

4. Peter Harp

Peter Harp New Member

Thnx Villa, most appreciated and most impressed at speed of reply :)
  5. mtz

mtz New Member

if you disable Hibernation you can save yourself another 3-4GB of space.
  6. Peter Harp

Peter Harp New Member

Thanks mtz, I'll give that a go. Every little helps :)