1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

Z64 Windows. Possible to downgrade it?

Discussion in 'NEO Z64 Windows 10/8.1' started by pinolief, Sep 16, 2016.

1. pinolief

pinolief New Member

Since the Z64 does have the Windows 10 version installed, the device is less stable.
    Also Windows 10 is less stable on other computers..I do not want Windows 10 anymore on every machine.

Is it possible to downgrade the Z64 back to Window 8, the version which was installed when I bought the Z64?
    Offcourse I mean the official way which Minix supports.

2. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

3. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken Former MINIX Team Member Administrator

yes if you bought it and it came with Windows 8, we have preloaded the recovery image inside of the storage.
    If it hasn't been wiped by formatting then you have a chance to go back to Windows 8.

4. pinolief

pinolief New Member

Thanks for the answer Ken.
    How can I start this process to use te preloaded version of the storage?

I use to watch via Kodi some series from a local NAS system.
    Almost every time I watch a serie or film on this manner the minix stops playing it and goes back to the Kodi menu.
    Retry it and the serie goes sometimes further but mostly the connection to the (WIRED!) network is broken and the Minix must be restarted.

The same manner to play a serie by a Dreambox (satellite receiver) give no problems at all. The DB is connected to the same switch as the Minix does.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
  5. imi

imi New Member

There was a thread on here with the link to the win8.1 image download - a 3.6GB file that you load on a USB stick names WINPE and boot.....