1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Z64A and Onkyo audio problem

Discussion in 'NEO Z64 Android OS' started by fingerr, Oct 16, 2015.

1. fingerr

fingerr New Member

Hi all,

I just bought Z64A and for two days I'm trying to set it up with Onkyo TX-SR608.

My probem is with audio dropping during playback (xbmc and youtube app), video is fine. Sometimes it happen every few seconds sometimes every few minutes. During audio drop Onkyo blinks on display with HDMI nad PCM so it looks like audio is disconnected and then reconnected.

Anyone faced similiar situation or it could be hardware problem.

I'm using lastest firmware and tried couple of XBMC/Kodi releases both Minix and from Kodi.tv.

Thanks in advance and best regards,
    Mariusz.
    phodee6 likes this.
  2. fingerr

fingerr New Member

Hi again,

looks like hardware is good, problem is Android OS. I've installed Win10 Ent. trial and there are no such problems.

DTS 5.1 passthrough works (I believe DD too). For DTS-HD MA no sound from speakers. I suspect it's a windows driver problem as the HD codecs are not listed under "playback devices" -> Onkyo -> properties. When I connect my i5-5200U laptop to the same HDMI input, HD codecs are listed.
    Could be that intel atom doesn't support HD codecs?

Main question to Minix team remians: is there any chance to get Android working without problems like under windows with no audio or video drops?
    Please give us answer, as I can see lot of people suffers when trying to connect Minix devices to Onkyo amplifiers.

Thanks in advance,
    Mariusz.
    phodee6 likes this.
  3. phodee6

phodee6 New Member

I have the same on going problem, I have the Onkyo tx-sr607, Has anyone know how to fix this problem, it's driving me crazy!!!!!!!
  4. bink

bink New Member

Do you have you a solution for this problemen? It drive's my crazy too trying to fix this problem for months now never buy this piece of shit again!
  5. AWC

AWC New Member

Yep. I think my problem is with the Onkyo too. Never buy again. Overpriced complicated pieces of crap. I can't even read the buttons. They are all black. No backlit. Impossible to use. User friendly seems to be a thing of the past. Now you need an engineering degree in hardware and software just to get sound working on your tv. I miss my old Amp. Easy to use backlit dials and worked flawlessly for years. Now we have hdmi which can die at any time with some device update or some other incompatible codec thingy causing you to tear your hair out when all you want to do is sit down to watch some tv WITH SOUND!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk