1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Zattoo, Willmaa, Horizon go, Teleboy not working

Discussion in 'NEO Z64 Android OS' started by Pirate, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Pirate

Pirate New Member

Hi all

I am new in using Minix and unpacked the device yesterday (Z64 Android). I bought it to have a complete media box including tv streaming.
    Today I am VERY disappointed. Not one of my streaming options works on the device:
    - Zattoo not working at all (streaming error)
    - Willmaa not working at all (no channel list)
    - Horizon go not working at all (crashes before being able to do anything)
    - Teleboy working very poorly (when I am lucky a manage to stream a channel after several tries)

The only thing working ok is Kodi with a very basic Zattoo Addin.

PS: Device has latest Firmware and the Apps are also latest version.

-> One other smaller but annoying problem: After Reboot sound always changes from HDMI back to the Air Mouse.

Any help here or is it best to send the box back? I thought the box was just made for such an application?!?

Regards
    Pirate
  2. mrrawuk

mrrawuk New Member

Surely for TV streaming you would have used a Kodi Addon? Have you even looked or tried?
  3. Pirate

Pirate New Member

Hi mrrawuk

Yes I tried the the Zattoo AddIn for Kodi. But this is very basic in functionality, so usable for watching TV but not more (no tv guide, not user friendly). The Apps from the vendors are much much better.
  4. mrrawuk

mrrawuk New Member

In my experience the Kodi Addons are far superior, but each to their own, horses for courses as they say.
  5. Pirate

Pirate New Member

Maybe, but not in this case. There are functionalities like watching tv shows from the last 7 days, recording, tv guide and all this is not present in the Kodi Addin.
    Did you try it?
  6. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

Update the firmware! See note 3 below.
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/neo-z64-android-20150930-firmware-update-zip.8234/

7. Pirate

Pirate New Member

8. Villa

Latest V2.5.1 of the Zattoo app does not work on the Z64A, X7 or X8-H Plus!

I have spent some time trying previous versions and this is my findings...

Stable working versions for each device:
    Z64A V1.7.6
    http://m.adwokat.store.aptoide.com/app/market/com.zattoo.player/208/8004032/Zattoo TV App Live Television

X7 V2.0.5
    http://m.alex2000alperantolex2.store.aptoide.com/app/market/com.zattoo.player.eu/241/9334062/Zattoo TV

X8-H Plus V2.2
    http://m.gyjano.store.aptoide.com/app/market/com.zattoo.player/258/10000852/Zattoo TV App Live Television
    Pirate likes this.
  9. Villa

@Pirate I think you should also contact Support of each of the said apps to see if they can help!
  10. robertojorge

robertojorge Member

Hey @Pirate thanks for that feedback!! There are so many aps and so much we can do we these devices that i believe that its impossible to know if everything works.
    At least in my particular case im always testing and testing and learning everyday but my feeling is that there is so much to absorb that even a life time of testings and we dont know everything :)

Regarding your issues i just checked the Zatoo app and it looks a very interesting service, only available in 6 country and none of which is Portugal hehe!! (Its fair) non the less it looks like a really nice service and i believe that the others are also, but before you mentioned them i was not aware that they existed.

As @Villa suggested above i would contact support and see if they can do something on the firmware to better integrate these aps, not sure if that is possible, only the engineering team will be able to tell.

Hope there is a solution for your problem.
    All the Best
    RJ
  11. Pirate

Pirate New Member

Thanks for the reply.
    I am new in all this and I am just now realizing that not all Android Apps run on all devices. Well thanks to Villa I now have at least a working and stable version of Zattoo. Thinking about changing to a Windows box, since my experience is that Windows is much less device dependent. But I'll do some more testing and will decide afterwards.
    Villa likes this.
  12. Pirate

Pirate New Member

Thank you very much for analyzing!

The version you suggested for the Z64A is working stable. Old but ok.

The support of Zattoo replied: Minix is not supported.... Not much help there.

By the way the Update fixed the HDMI-Sound issue.
    Villa likes this.
  13. Villa

14. Polanco

Polanco New Member

Hello All,
    I just got the Z64A, used to have X7. It works great but I normally use a simple streaming app (canales dominicanos en vivo) and for some reason when I try accessing to the chanels it stay "loading". Also I tried to stream a game from de MLB app and didn't work either. (I did the upgrade to the new firmware).

I checked on the X7 and they both work normal.

Please try the app and let me know if it's working on another Z64 android.

Thanks.
  15. Apfelali

Apfelali New Member

Hi friends,

my Zattoo, Magine TV,Teleboy, runs perfect.I let them run on Kodi or Minix dirct from Playstore.....

Importand:For the full channellist and HD you need a VPN and locate it to SWITZERLAND aka Swiss!!!!If not you will only get a small choice of channels.....Once you have run one of this Apps without SWISS VPN you need to go to Filebrowser SDO/Android/Kodi/Apps and delte Chache.

Telboy,Zattoo,Magine Tv could be intrested for all UK/Us members while they let run FILM4,too.All in HD.

To Download Zatto you need fx Apptoide and download a stable Version 1.86 will run or 1,76.....It is a first must to LOGIN per PC !!!REM VPN!!!!Then login with your Data on Minix.....

Zattoo let you Download 20 Movies in free Version......Payable Version is 250 Movies and (look 7 day back only Android not Kodi)!!!

Telboy all Streams in HD : ))

Magine TV is locatet in Sweden,Germany,and UK!!!!

Wilmaa will not run....

My special is Teleboy to watch all in HD and Zattoo to record movies(I can only record with the downloaded App from Playstore but once recorded I can watch the movies with Kodi-app)!!!!

One of the funniest thing is that Zattoo not realy send the full HD signal out to the enduser.Looks like milky....But when I connet my Minix with a buetooth streamer to my Tv in another room it will be scale up!!!
  16. azadian

azadian New Member

Wilmaa works OK on my new NEO U1. Only problem I've noticed so far is that lists scroll down, but not up.